We seek to expand the STIA program’s capacity for innovation and extend the scope and reach of the interdisciplinary training it offers its students. Our current funding priorities are:
- Expanding innovative undergraduate experiential learning opportunities;
- Strengthening the STIA faculty research base and student involvement in it; and
- Strategically positioning STIA and SFS as a hub for engagement with policymakers and other key stakeholders on the critical science and technology challenges of our time.
A gift to STIA has an immediate and direct impact on our students.
For Ojuolape Junaid (SFS’19), college has been a process of discovery. She initially arrived on campus as a computer science major in the College. “I had been passionate about technology since my junior year of high school and really loved being able to tinker with programs to build new ideas from scratch,” Junaid says. Her first year on the Hilltop sparked an interest in international relations, as she grew curious about the “larger societal impact” of technology. After some exploration of ways to engage with this newfound interest academically, Junaid settled on the Science, Technology, and International Affairs program within the SFS, as it offered the perfect opportunity to “explore technology as a means of sustainable development.”
Junaid has prioritized connecting her studies back to her roots. “I was born in southwestern Nigeria and raised in the Bronx, New York where my mother brought me up with Nigerian sarcasm, an appreciation for the cultures that made up our small neighborhood and a love for the great continent of Africa,” she says. “Since then, I have been driven by an unwavering passion for improving and engaging with African communities and have attempted to foster a connection between all of my endeavors and the African continent.”
Ultimately, Junaid says her goal is to return to work in sub-Saharan Africa to contribute to the development of the region.
Online Giving Form Instructions
Financial contributions can be made online via the online giving form. Thank you for your support!
- Gift Information: Please fill out all applicable sections.
- Select if you want a one-time or recurring donation.
- The Designation Section directs the donation to a specific cause. To direct your gift to STIA, type “STIA Program” into the box next to “Other Designation.”
- The blue designations box is for you to choose to make your gift anonymous or in memory (or honor) of a loved one.
- If your gift will be matched by an employer, you have included Georgetown in your estate, or you are fulfilling a pledge by making this gift, please check the applicable box(es).
- To be more specific about where your donation will go, add details in the Special Instructions.
- Please ignore the Appeal Code box in this section.
- The Personal Information fields need to be filled in as completely as possible.
- Payment Information: Please enter your credit card data. Online donations made be made using Visa, American Express, or MasterCard.
- Review: Please review your donation information for accuracy.
- Confirmation: This page will include a link to a receipt that you can print out for your records.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can support the STIA program and specific funding needs please contact us.
SFS Celebrates 100! Join the STIA events at the SFS Centennial Weekend.